Load securing: reliable and ergonomic with ICE lashing chains/tension chains.
RUD has always been ahead of its time when it comes to materials for chains. One example is the RUD ICE chain, which can replace a Grade 8 chain of the next highest nominal thickness in direct lashing. RUD was the first manufacturer in the world to receive the approval stamp D1 from the German employers’ liability insurance association for these round steel chains.
Thanks to the extremely high strength of the patented material, the continuous jump in nominal thickness has been achieved even with diameters of less than 16 mm. 13 years after the grade VIP 100 started its triumphal march, RUD took the next innovative leap in chain technology.
Looking for the perfect lashing chain for your application?Contact us now
Further improved: the ICE line for load securing.
Grade 12 has a breaking strength up to 60 % higher than the conventional Grade 8. In lashing technology, this means an up to 60 % increase in LC (lashing capacity). The chain generation owes its name ICE 120 to its considerable low-temperature tolerance of -60 °C. The decisive advantage: an ICE lashing chain is up to 45 % lighter, the working ergonomics noticeably higher. Tensioning, connecting and shortening elements have also been significantly improved in terms of their weight and functionality.
We have significantly optimised the following technological properties once more with the ICE 120:
- Elongation to break and ductile strength
- Low temperature toughness
- Durability and wear resistance
For the user, the use of ICE lashing chains means a considerable weight-saving, improved ergonomics, faster attachment and more safety.
The ICE chain technology for 45 % less dead weight. Its advantages:
- Better handling due to lightweight construction: no health impairment due to heavy lifting.
- Up to 60 % higher breaking strength / lashing capacity than Grade 8.
- Significantly improved toughness and impact energy values (55 J at -60 °C).
- Optimum surface protection through special ICE pink powder coating.
- Higher wear resistance and longer life due to special heat treatment and 30 % higher surface hardness.
- Reduced sensitivity to the penetration of sharp edges.
- Environmental protection: significantly less material and less energy consumption during production.
- Made for extreme temperatures.
ICE lashing chains of Grade 12.
Thanks to the extremely high strength of the patented ICE materials, the shift in nominal thickness compared to Grade 8 was achieved. This means, in the case of direct lashing an ICE lashing chain is able to replace a lashing chain of Grade 8 of the next higher nominal thickness. The result: up to 45 % weight reduction.
The tried and trusted advantages of the VIP range have been retained and further expanded for the ICE lashing chain. Tensioning, connection and shortening elements have been significantly improved in terms of weight and functionality.Product details
KZA – Identification tag.
Only lashing chains which are equipped with an easily legible tag (label) may be used. The patented identification tag from RUD contains the following information:
- LC = Lashing Capacity (permissible lashing force in daN).
- STF = Standard Tension Force (normal, remaining tension force in daN from the tensioning element with a Standard Hand Force (SHF) of 500 N; corresponds to the pre-tensioning force necessary for calculating top over lashing).
In addition, all the necessary checks for replacement state of wear of the lashing chain can be carried out using the RUD identification tags:
Checking of diameter (wear).
Checking of plastic elongation due to overload.
Checking of division extension due to nominal thickness wear.
Safe bet. The RUD App "Lashing means calculation".
Would you like to know within a few minutes how to secure your current load ideally? With our free App, you'll be on the safe side. Just type in the specific facts like mass, lashing methode, transporting goods, inclination angle and friction factor - and you'll receive a detailed recommendation. Test it now!