RUD Shortening elements.
Avoids asymmetrical loading and tilting positions during lifting.
Shorten slings: Thanks to RUD shortening elements lifting means can be shortened quickly and easily on site and adjusted to the millimetre for the respective lifting process. The elements cover both rough shortening using shortening claws or shortening hooks as well as precise length adjustment of the chain with the aid of the fork head tensioner.
Through its unique product and material portfolio, RUD can supply the matching solution for every purpose of application. This wide portfolio is guaranteed by the material qualities ICE (Grade 120) and VIP (Grade 100).
What has to be taken into account with shortening elements?
What are the selection criteria?
Handling: what is the nominal thickness of the lifting means and how is the lifting means accessible for adjustment?
Which lifting requirements must be heeded and/or where does the load have to be set down?
ICE-Multi shortening claw.
- Manufactured in accordance with DIN 5692.
- Can be fitted captively in the continuous chain leg. No additional chain and coupling components required.
- Can be fitted at any point of the chain leg.
- Ideal chain support thanks to link-shaped chain pocket preventing a reduction in WLL.
- Sturdy, spring-mounted safety bolt prevents accidental loosening of the fitted chains both in non-loaded and in loaded condition.
- In accordance with standard 5692 for shortening components.
- No reduction in WLL.
- Thickened hook tip to prevent improper use (e.g. incorrect hooking of the chain).
- Angled insertion opening prevents the chain from falling out easily.
- ICE spindle tensioner with clevis connection. For precise length adjustment of chain legs.
- Particularly sturdy design thanks to solid threaded bar – with unscrewing protection, grease nipples and dirt seal on both sides.
- Connection bolt and safety pins pre-assembled.
- ICE balancers will be installed into 4-leg lifting means assemblies (2x 2-leg), to achieve an equal load distribution to all 4 legs. The length tolerances of the individual chain legs is compensated by tilting the ICE balancer.